Make: Peanut Butter Cookie Bars















I'm gonna go ahead & apologize in advance to your waistline, but these cookies bars are to die for.

The original recipe comes from AverieCooks -- she calls them Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars, and below is my version.

I've slightly modified the recipe, only because I didn't have all the ingredients in my pantry at the time, and they still turned out magnificent.






























You'll need:
1/2 c. melted butter
1 egg
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 T. vanilla extract
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. flour
1 c. Peanut M&Ms
1 c. chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F & lube up an 8x8 baking plan
2. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla & mix until smooth
3. Add the peanut butter & mix until smooth
4. Add the floor & mix until incorporated, but don't over-mix
5. Fold in Peanut M&Ms & chocolate chips
6. Put batter in prepped baking dish & lightly smooth over the top
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is set - make sure a toothpick comes out clean.  (I think these are better if they're slightly underdone!)
8. Let bars cool for 30 minutes before cutting into them
9. Try not to eat the whole pan



Let me know if you make these -- I'd love to know what else you throw in yours!





No comments:

Post a Comment