Favorite Tropical Green Smoothie

I drink a smoothie almost daily.  When it comes to breakfast on-the-go, or a post-workout snack, you can't really beat a refreshing smoothie.

Tropical green smoothie; Breakfast smoothie | My Darling Days
































My version takes less than 5 minutes to make & is super simple -- it only requires 4 affordable ingredients (5 if you count the ice cubes, which are optional).

Smoothie ingredients | My Darling Days































I use (and am in love with) my Ninja blender.  I've used numerous blenders throughout the years, and this one takes the cake.  I received it as a Christmas gift 2 years ago, and I use it daily.  It works just as good today as it did the first day I used it. For my smoothies, I use the individual cup with Sip & Seal lid, making it perfect for on-the-go.

Favorite Blender - Ninja | My Darling Days


My Favorite Tropical Green Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 cup chopped frozen pineapple, strawberry, mango, & peach
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt

*Target has great options for frozen mixed fruit bags, with pieces already chopped & no sugar added.  This is the blend I used in the recipe above, but this one is also my favorite.


Frozen Fruit | My Darling Days





























Place 3 ice cubes (optional), fruit, milk, spinach, & yogurt in a blender, and blend until creamy.  You can add almond milk or fruit to thicken/thin the mixture.  Serve immediately, or freeze to enjoy for later.

Tropical green smoothie; Breakfast smoothie | My Darling Days

Tropical green smoothie; Breakfast smoothie | My Darling Days


































There are about a billion recipes for "green smoothie" online, but these core ingredients are my favorite.  Don't be afraid to play around & make this smoothie your own.  You could add flax seeds, chia seeds, or whatever else you wanted.  Try coconut milk instead of almond, or a different leafy green, such as kale, in place of spinach.

Tropical green smoothie; Breakfast smoothie | My Darling Days






























I'd love to know, what's your favorite blend?


Linking up here:
Elizabeth & Co | The Winthrop Chronicles | Live Laugh Rowe | Adventures of Mel | Tatertots & Jello



2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies and I'm fruit obsessed lately so this would probably be perfect for me. I never seem to tire of smoothies, my favourite blend is probably the classic combo or mango and banana :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. This green smoothie looks mouth-watering. I liked texture of your smoothie. I regularly drink homemade smoothies but sometimes it’s not possible to make it due to my busy schedule. In that case, I take Green supplements to get required minerals and nutrients.

    ReplyDelete