Five Year Anniversary Photos

Zac & I celebrated 5 years of marriage on October 9th 2015.  I suppose it’s about time I share our yearly anniversary photos, as family & friends have been asking to see them…

Anniversary Photos | My Darling Days

Anniversary Photos | My Darling Days

We take them ourselves via a tripod & remote, so they're not fancy...
But we're not very fancy people, so it works.

Anniversary Photos | My Darling Days

Anniversary Photos | My Darling Days

Typically by the end of our "shoot", we are upset with each other.

Just kidding. Well, kind of..  You see, taking these photos by ourselves is a true test of patience on both our parts...
It's more complicated than you think to set up the camera on the tripod, get the lighting & exposure just right, & then making sure the focus is on point.  Then trying to pose yourself, by yourself... forget it.  And just when you think everything is good, the remote doesn't work.  So then you have to fiddle with the settings again, and ahhg!  It's a pain.

The photos typically turn out nothing like the vision I had in my head, but I end up saying screw it.  My hands are cold & I'm sick of doing this.  This is the best we're gonna get.

But!  We I have every intention of keeping this a yearly tradition.  It’s so fun to look at previous years to see how we've changed or haven’t changed. Some of us lost some weight, gained some weight, lost some hair, got curlier hair(?), lost glasses, etc.


Anniversary Photos | My Darling Days
Anniversary Photos | My Darling Days
Anniversary Photos | My Darling Days
Anniversary Photos | My Darling Days
Anniversary Photos | My Darling Days

It will be especially fun to look back twenty years from now to see how different we look.  And if we are ever blessed with children, I can image they will love to look back at these as well.

Anniversary Photos | My Darling Days

What are some anniversary traditions you do with your spouse?  I'd love to hear!


4 comments:

  1. Happy 5 Year Anniversary Katie! I think this is such a great yearly tradition and while it is a little bit of a pain having to take your own photos (trust me, I know)....it's so worth it! :) Wishing you both endless love & happiness!

    ReplyDelete