Longing for a getaway

Wisconsin is teasing us a bit this weekend; the forecast calls for highs in the 40’s (!!!)

When the sun starts to peak its lovely face again, and the days start to get a bit longer, I always get the itch for spring.  By March, I’m over winter & longing for a getaway.

January is long, but passes relatively fast, as most people have just made new year resolutions & are recouping from the holiday season, getting back into a routine.  February is usually quick & Valentine's Day spruces things up.  But March?   It's that month where winter just drags.  Just when you think spring is near, March usually delivers at least one more good snow storm...

To shake our winter blues, we booked a sorta last minute trip & are headed south in a couple weeks.  I've got warm, salty Caribbean air & palm trees on my brain; I can’t wait to get my toes in the sand & my head lost in a good book.

Travel Quote  | My Darling Days


What gets you through these long winters?

No comments:

Post a Comment