Travel: Assisi, Italy

It wasn't until talking with my mother-in-law while looking through our itinerary before our Euro trip, that I realized the correlation with Assisi, Italy & St. Francis (apparently I’m a lousy Catholic)…

In case you were clueless like me, Assisi is probably best known for the birthplace of Patron Saint of Italy, St. Francis.

Assisi is a wonderful little town -- we only got to spend about an hour there, but it was just enough time to visit the 13th century Basilica di San Francesco & get a glimpse of the quaint town of Assisi.

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Zac & Katie in Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Assisi is only home to about 3,000 people, but sees millions of tourists each year & rightfully so.  The town is filled with curvy medieval streets, roman ruins, & sacred shrines – definitely put this town on your list as you travel through Italy!  You can read more about the history of Assisi here.

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

I adored all the stone buildings & the darling shops that lined the streets.

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days
 
Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days
 
 
Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days
 
Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

Travel: Assisi, Italy | My Darling Days

 
I'm thankful for the hour we got to spend in Assissi, but I think a few more hours would have better suited my desires to explore a bit longer.  It was such a lovely place!


Read about our Roman adventures, here, here, & here!


4 comments:

  1. Assisi looks stunning! I love Italy x
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assisi is fantastic -- and my pictures do it hardly any justice. A must-see, for sure :)

      Delete
  2. I've been to a few places in Italy but never Assissi, it looks so beautiful. No matter where I travel to Italy is still one of my favourite places, I find it to just have the extra something special, you know?

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right -- Italy does have something extra special. I wanna go back so badly!

      Delete