Make: The Best Damn Egg Bake


Make: The Best Damn Egg Bake | My Darling Days



The other day, my manager brought in an egg bake for Treat Day. 

Ohh, you've never heard of Treat Day?  Well, sucks to be you then.

Treat Day happens every Wednesday on the cube farm where I work.  We make a rotating schedule at the start of every year with the people in our department who wish to participate.  It ends up that you have to bring a treat like 3 or 4 times a year, but get to enjoy a treat every Wednesday.
Needless to say, it's a nice little sumthin' sumthin' to look forward to on a Wednesday.

Back to the egg bake...

One bite into this deliciousness & I decided it was the best damn egg bake I ever did eat.

Make: The Best Damn Egg Bake | My Darling Days

I promptly asked my manager for the recipe, and I'm sharing it below.  Because it's that good.


Make: The Best Damn Egg Bake | My Darling Days

You'll need:
2 c. cheddar cheese
2 c. mozzarella cheese
½ c. diced green pepper 
1/3 c. diced green onion
2 tbsp butter
2 c. of diced ham
8 eggs
1 ¾ c. of milk
½ c. flour
½ tsp. basil
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray cooking spray in 9x13 pan.  Mix the two cheeses together in a bowl & spread three cups of mixed cheese in the bottom of the pan.  Next sauté the pepper & onion in the 2 tbsp of butter.  Drain.

Put sauteed veggies over the cheese layer. Next layer the ham.  Then sprinkle the last cup of cheese over the ham & veggie mixture.

Mix together the eggs, milk, flour, basil, salt, pepper & parsley with a whisk and pour over the top.  Bake 30-40 minutes or until the middle is set.


Of course, you could add or omit all sorts of other stuff; bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.

I don't know where the original recipes generates from, but who cares?  Make this.  It is SO good.
Zac & I had it for supper last week.  And lunch the following day.  And for supper again the next day.

Because it's that good.  And, because leftovers are abundant when you cook for just two people.


Make: The Best Damn Egg Bake | My Darling Days

Make: The Best Damn Egg Bake | My Darling Days

1 comment: