The night the sky was on fire

One week ago today, God created a masterpiece.

Fire sky; Sunset; Northeast Wisconsin | My Darling Days Blog

I had the hardest time capturing it on my camera, because I was too lazy to use a tripod.  In fact, we almost missed this all together...

Fire sky; Sunset; Northeast Wisconsin | My Darling Days Blog


It was storming earlier in the evening, so we had settled in to watch a movie.  At about 8:45pm my mom texted me "Check out that sunset!"

So we popped our heads up from off the couch & immediately went outside.

Fire sky; Sunset; Northeast Wisconsin | My Darling Days Blog

Fire sky; Sunset; Northeast Wisconsin | My Darling Days Blog

I had never seen a sky like that before in my life -- and I apparently wasn't the only one -- Snapchats were being sent like crazy & my entire Facebook feed was photos of the sunset (which, I'd much rather vs. some of the crap that ends up on there) :)

Fire sky; Sunset; Northeast Wisconsin | My Darling Days Blog

View to the northeast...
Sunset; Northeast Wisconsin | My Darling Days Blog

Fire sky; Sunset; Northeast Wisconsin | My Darling Days Blog

Mother Nature, she sure is amazing!


2 comments: