The thing about eating outside...

... it makes you feel like you’re on vacation.

breakfast, pancakes | My Darling Days
You linger -- longer than you would at the regular (indoor) table.  You kinda forget about all the dirty dishes you just made back in the house, because out-of-sight, out-of-mind, amiright?

coffee, Anthropolgie mug | My Darling Days

If you're eating breakfast, it's a great way to set the mood for the day.
If you're eating supper, the fresh air seems to melt away the stress of your day, one sip of wine at a time…

breakfast, pancakes | My Darling Days

Since Memorial Day, we've made it a point to eat outside as much as possible.

This particular morning the birds were chirping, the sun was rising, and Grace was cute as ever.  I could have basked there for hours.   I looked at Zac and said, "I wish every morning started like this."  Slow, sunny, and serene... (and with homemade pancakes & bacon!)

breakfast | My Darling Days

Gracie begging | My Darling Days

homemade syrup, pancakes, coffee | My Darling Days

OJ, coffee, pancakes, bacon, breakfast | My Darling Days

Our deck is literally 2 steps from our kitchen table, but when you open that patio door and step foot on the deck, it’s like entering a whole new world.  In fact, I feel like anytime you eat outside, it’s special.  Whether you throw a blanket on the lawn & call it a backyard picnic, or eat ice cream at the shore, or even pull down the tailgate & eat nachos from the gas station -- it just feels good.

I challenge you this week, to cook a meal at home & serve it outside on your patio or deck.  It’s the best mood booster.
And a great way to slow down, while practicing to be more present.

Gracie Lou | My Darling Days

I love deck weather.  Cheers to dining alfresco all summer long!



No comments:

Post a Comment