Where are all da Honey Bees at?

Zac has been telling me for a few years about this 'Honey Bee Crisis', and how he thinks we should "do our part to help."  He basically wants us to become backyard beekeepers.

What?

I do what I usually do when he tells me random, crazy ideas...  I say things like "uh huh." "oh, really?" "mmmhm, ok"  "But seriously, no. You don't need another hobby.  You're nuts, and where did you come up with this?"

However, if you know my husband, you know he loves to try new things.  And when he gets an idea in his head, he's gonna roll with it... i.e. Maple syrup harvesting. Trapping. Anything apple tree related.  The list goes on and on.

Don't get me wrong, I love that he's a "go-getter", but seriously... now he wants a backyard full of bees?  I haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet,  however I did Google "Honey Bee Crisis" and it's a real thing...

Beekeepers have been losing colonies left and right, from a variety of reasons.  But why should we care?  Well, for starters, honey bee pollination is in some ways responsible for most of the foods we eat.  And we all need to eat... so long live the bees!

But... I still don't want bee hives in my backyard.  And apparently we didn't need hives for the bees to find us... we have flowers!

Bees; sunflower; pollination | My Darling Days

Bees; zinnias; flowers; pollination | My Darling Days

Bees; zinnias; flowers; pollination | My Darling Days

Bees; zinnias; flowers; pollination | My Darling Days

To be fair, I'm not sure that these are actual Honey Bees, but they are doin' their thing & helping our flowers & garden flourish!

Bees; sunflowers; pollination | My Darling Days

Bees; zinnias; flowers; pollination | My Darling Days

Bees; zinnias; flowers; pollination | My Darling Days

Bees; zinnias; flowers; pollination | My Darling Days

Bees; zinnias; flowers; pollination | My Darling Days

Bees; zinnias; flowers; pollination | My Darling Days

Bees; zinnias; flowers; pollination | My Darling Days

Bees; sunflowers; pollination | My Darling Days





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment