Make: Homemade Banana-sicles

Happy Labor Day friends!

Is there any better feeling than waking up on a Monday morning and realizing that you don't have to work today?
Nope, I'm not sure there is.

I hope everyone was able to savor this "last" unofficial weekend of summer.  To keep the summer vibes going, we're enjoying homemade banana popsicles, a.k.a. Banana-sicles, because what screams summer louder than popsicles?

Make; Homemade Banana-sicles | My Darling Days

These are super easy to make (only 3 ingredients!), and they are a great way to use up overripe bananas.  I got the recipe idea when pursuing through the September 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping magazine.  Their version is called Banana Pudding Pops, but I wanted something a bit simpler & a touch healthier, so along came Banana-sicles.  Plus, I'm always looking for reasons to use my popsicle molds.


To make this recipe, you'll need the following:

Make; Homemade Banana-sicles | My Darling Days

- Blender (we have the Ninja & love it)
- Popsicle molds (this is the one we have)
- Two ripe bananas
- 3/4 c. of butter pecan ice cream (our favorite is Cedar Crest, yum!)
- Nilla wafers 

Make; Homemade Banana-sicles | My Darling Days


Blend together the bananas & ice cream until pureed.  Pour the mixture into 6 popsicle molds and freeze until solid.  Remove from freezer and sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafers.  Enjoy!


Make; Homemade Banana-sicles | My Darling Days


No comments:

Post a Comment