Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking!

One of the most quintessential fall activities: Apple Picking. Right behind engaging in pumpkin spice flavored everything, purchasing mums for the front porch, & searching for the perfect pumpkin in the patch.

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Nonetheless, apple picking is one of my favorite fall activities.  Something about dressing up for the cooler weather, hopping on a horse drawn wagon, & getting dropped off in the middle of the apple orchard, just soothes my soul.  And doing it with kiddos, even better.

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

We took Elena & Kane to the apple orchard, and they had a ball.  They each picked a bag full of apples – we thought we were picking honey crisp, but turns out we got cortland’s, which are good, too.

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

The kids rummaged the rows for “the good apples” without any “yuckies”, and quickly filled their bags.

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Kane ate 2 ½ apples during our time at the orchard, and Elena constructed a bouquet of wild flowers.

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Once we got back to our house, Kane napped while Elena & I made apple crisp.  She is SUCH a helper right now and wants to do all the things.  She washed all the apples while I cut & peeled them.  I did all the measuring of the ingredients, but she did all the stirring.  Together we popped the crisp in the oven, and waited as the aroma of apple & cinnamon filled the house.  It was the perfect ending to the perfect fall day!

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days

Fall Bucket List: Apple Picking | My Darling Days


P.S.  Let all the fall baking begin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment