The Year of the Baby Christmas Tree

The first weekend in December drew upon on us, and that meant going on the hunt for our Christmas tree... something I look forward to every year.

Christmas Tree Hunting | My Darling Days

We're fortunate to have a tree farm literally 4 miles down the road from our house -- perks of living in the country!

I told Zac I wanted a "smaller" tree this year... smaller, as in skinnier.  Maybe a little Charlie Brownish, too.  Something different.  I just didn't want it to take up a lot of space in our small living room, and I didn't want to move out any furniture this year.

Last year, it took us 4 minutes to find our tree .  This year it took maybe 10 minutes?  We don't mess around.
We found a skinny one, Zac cut it down, I yelled "timber!" and we we're on our way home.

Christmas Tree Hunting |My Darling Days

Christmas Tree Hunting | My Darling Days

2016 Christmas Tree | My Darling Days

When Zac carried the tree in the living room, my jaw dropped... uhh, why was it only appearing approximately 3 feet tall?
How could this be?  We both swear it was much taller when we cut it down...

But, it was too late now.  An 8 mile round trip and $40 later...  we propped the tree up on a crate for some added, much need height & loved it anyways.

2016 Christmas Tree | My Darling Days

2016 Christmas Tree | My Darling Days

If Christmas of 2015 was the year that it took us 4 minutes to find, agree on, & cut down a tree, let the Christmas of 2016 be the year of baby tree!

2016 Christmas Tree | My Darling Days
 In hindsight, it does look pretttttty little in this pic ;)

Happy Holidays, friends... only 20 more days till Christmas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment