Showering Baby E with Love // Baby Shower Snippets

A few weeks ago, my mom, sister & mother-in-law threw Baby E & I the most darling baby shower.

It was simple, for brunch, and I was surrounded by about 90 (yes, 90!) of my closest family & friends.  Safe to say, Baby was SPOILED!

Below are a few photos from the party.  I was lucky that I got to be involved with some of the planning & decor, because planning & decor are two of my favorite things!

I didn't want a "traditional" baby shower filled with blue & pink baby-themed decor and endless games.  Nothing against that, I just wanted something simple, casual, & timeless.

-----------------

We decorated the window sills & tables with vintage blue mason jars wrapped in a burlap & lace ribbon & filled them with baby's breath.  Super easy, especially because between my mom, sister, & I, we had all the jars laying around our house.




Because I'm a photo nut, I had an idea to make a photo guest book; that way Baby E can page through it some day and see all the beautiful women who came to celebrate him/her.  It came together nicely; we stopped guests as they arrived and my sister took a photo of me with them.  We used this FujiFilm Instax Mini Camera so that we'd have a photo within seconds. Then the guests used washi tape to fasten their photo to a book and wrote us a little note.  It's the best keepsake & I'm really happy with how it turned out.




My mom made me this adorable diaper cake filled with endless goodies -- some of which were mine when I was a baby!



We posted a newborn & a 12 month photo of Zac & I... is Zac not the cutest baby ever?! Gahh!  I really hope our kids look just like him.




I posted a board of ultrasound images that we've had along the way -- it's crazy to compare the 6 week ultrasound to the 20 week ultrasound! 



My wonderful Aunt Jane made lots of sugar cookies for the guests to enjoy.




And below are few photos of the ladies behind the shower... and my special helper/sidekick, Elena :)






Baby Everard is not the only baby expected for 2017 -- all these beauties are expecting too!


And some of my very best friends... thank you ladies for coming!




We are so blessed to have had so many people shower Baby E with love...  THANK YOU!!!
Just a couple more weeks until we get to meet him or her and put all these gifts to good use :)


No comments:

Post a Comment