Ellis: One Month Old

How has it been four weeks since we welcomed Baby Ellis into the world?
This last month has flown by, but it also feels like just yesterday that we were coming home from the hospital with our new little bundle of joy.

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

I'm not going to lie, this month has been tough.  Between adjusting to a whole new level of lack of sleep, recovering from a drug-free (read: PAINFUL) labor & delivery, breastfeeding & diapering around the clock, and dealing with a horribly itchy postpartum rash that made me want to die -- it hasn't been easy.

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

BUT!  We made it four weeks with our little Ellis man, and every day gets a little easier.  Plus, he is wonderfully healthy & happy (most days).

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

So far, he's a pretty laid back little dude, except if he's hungry or when he's getting his diaper changed.  We've already had a handful of "shooting pee" experiences -- which make us thankful we decided to wait on new carpeting :)  Every once in a while he'll have a bout with spitting up too; we're not sure if it's contributed to something I'm eating that upsets his little tummy or just normal baby reflux issues.

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

He's pretty sleepy most of the time, but is staying awake for longer periods of time in the morning & afternoon.  And, it seems like after the 2:00 or 3:00 AM feeding, he's WIDE awake -- of course.

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

We go to the doctor for his 1 month check-up on Tuesday, and I'm willing to bet he grew in length & is over 8 lbs, but we'll see!

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

Things I love about Ellis this month:

- How limp & lethargic he makes his entire body after he gets done nursing.
- The spot on the back of his head where his hair stands straight up.
- Being able to kiss his lovable cheeks any second I want.
- How anytime he gets startled or hears a loud noise, his arms go flying up in the air, but he never cries.
- The "oh" face he makes with his lips after he lets a good one rip.
- When I pick him up from his bassinet & he arches his back and sticks out his tiny little butt.
- How he usually calms down & melts when I put him on my chest, belly to belly.

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - one month | My Darling Days

We love & adore you little Ellis!


P.S. Happy Birthday to my momma today! We love you Grandma Sue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment