Upping our coffee game

Isn't coffee all the rage right now?

I mean, tell me that you haven't seen someone post a selfie with their Starbucks cup...
Fashion bloggers are using coffee as an accessory in outfit posts...
Retailers are selling shirts with the words "but first, coffee" on them & they're selling like hot cakes...
Heck -- I'm guilty of posting a photo of a cup o' jo myself (here, here and here).

Here's the thing.  I like coffee.  A lot.  But I didn't always.
I think coffee is like beer... it's an acquired taste & the older you get, the more you like it.

My coffee loving journey started out as not drinking coffee at all.  It all started with hot chocolate.  Which then turned into sipping cappuccino.  Then I branched into latte's, mocha's, and all that fancy, sugary drink stuff with just a bit of coffee flavoring.  And then I started drinking regular coffee with flavored creamers... which then turned into drinking coffee with just a splash of 1/2 & 1/2... and now I prefer it black with nothing added at all.  Gimmie a nice bold roast, and I'm happy as a clam.

And what's my favorite blend, you ask?  Stumptown's Hair Bender (thanks Lance & Jacki for getting me hooked)!  But do you want to know what makes Hair Bender taste even better?  This pour-over.

Coffee, pour over | My Darling Days

I blame this "sorta" spur-of-the-moment purchase on Kelle Hampton & Zac's Birthday.  Kelle wrote this post about daily rituals and paying good attention to herself, and I happened to read it two days prior to Zac's Birthday.  I needed to get him a little something, and he loves coffee too, so by the end of the post, I had already purchased it. That Kelle Hampton... she's a marketing genius.

Coffee, pour over | My Darling Days

Quite frankly, this pour-over method is a little time consuming but soooo worth it.  And it kind of makes me feel fancy -- like a real coffee connoisseur -- even though I am far from it.

Coffee, pour over | My Darling Days

Cheer friends, to the simple pleasures in life... like good coffee!






No comments:

Post a Comment