Ellis: Two Months Old

Another 4 weeks has come and gone, and now we have a two-month-old babe!

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

Ellis had an eventful past few weeks...
- He was Baptized.
- He smiled & cooed at me intentionally (and it melted my heart)!
- He took his first bath in his 'big boy' baby tub vs. the wash pail/sink method.
- He's officially out of newborn clothing & into 3 month clothing.
- He took his first walk outside with me; slept in his Ergo Baby the entire time.
- He had his first Easter.

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

Mr. Ellis is nursing every 3 hours during the day and also during the night.  He isn't a great sleeper.  Right now, he is breast-fed during the day & throughout the night, however dad occasionally gives him a 4 oz. bottle before bed, and he downs that like a champ.  One time, he even took 5.25 oz & wanted more, but I cut him off -- that just seems like so much for his little tummy.  Breastfeeding is tricky in that you don't know how much they're getting at every feeding...  But he's growing & has plenty of dirty diapers, so I think he's doin' just fine.  I think it's time to try paced bottle feeding, and see how he does with that.  Also, right now he wants little to do with a nuk, but we still offer it.

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days
Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days


Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

He is still battling TONS of gas & reflux.  In the evening before bed, he will be sound asleep in your arms, and when you lay him flat in his bassinet, his eyes pop wide open, his arms start waving, his legs start kicking, and the moaning & groaning starts.  Followed by a little spit up, and then farting & poop.  This usually goes on until his next feeding.  After that, we put him in the rock n' play so that we can all catch a few zzz's until he's up again.  He sleeps SO much better at an incline, which leads me to believe he's dealing with reflux issues.  I don't want him to get used to sleeping at an incline, but right now it's the only way he will sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time.  We head to the doctor for his two-month well check on Friday, so we'll see what the Doc has to say.

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

Ellis enjoys his activity play mat & is starting to swing at, hit, and even accidentally grab on to the hanging toys. He also likes to be talked to and can follow you with his eyes.  Also, according to our home scale, homeboy is just over 10 lbs!  Around 6 weeks, he started to get baby acne / rash, and it recently moved to his cheeks.  Some days it flares up worse than others; I'm patiently waiting for it to pass.

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

Things I love about Ellis this month:

- Getting big, gummy smiles from him!
- The way he pinches his eyes shut sooo tight when he yawns.
- All the facial expressions he makes... I wonder what he's thinking about?
- How he grunts & groans when you change his position, clothes, or diaper.  He makes it sound as if he’s doing so much work.
- The fact that his farts & burps sound like those of a trucker.  Seriously, they do.  Poor kid!

Overall, he's still a pretty happy & content babe.  And for that, I am very thankful!  Sometimes I just sit & stare at him while he's sleeping, and I can't believe that we made him.  He is such a blessing, even if he's still up every 2-3 hours at night.  He's definitely worth it, but this momma is tired!

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

Oh!  I caught Daddy in a couple pics this month :)


Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - two months | My Darling Days


Click here to see Ellis at one month old...

P.S.  Happy 7th Birthday today, to my beautiful niece, Elena! 


No comments:

Post a Comment