Ellis: Three Months Old

And just like that, we blinked & Ellis turned 3 months old!

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Three months old unfortunately means that this momma is back to work full-time (which is the WORST), so Ellis now spends his days at daycare.  This was his first week, and his teacher says he's an angel... but he's been a bit fussy in the evenings for us, so I'm hoping he's just adjusting to his new schedule.

I mentioned on this Instagram post that I had no idea just how much I could grow to love another human being in just 3 short months.  It's honestly like he's a part of me, and leaving him at daycare every morning is like leaving half of my heart there. I hate that we've become a society in which both parents typically work full-time, and that we pay someone else to essentially help raise our children.  Everybody tells me it will get easier, but I don't think it will.  I think a person just learns to accept it...

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Speaking of work, Ellis did get to visit both of our workplaces this past month; he got passed around like a hot potato as all the ladies fawned over him.  He also helped me celebrate my first Mother's Day (too bad the very next day I had to return to work)!

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days


Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

At Ellis' two month well check, his Dr. diagnosed him with acid reflux, and we have him on Baby Zantac for a bit.  It does seem to be helping, even though I'm not crazy about having him on meds.  But if it makes him more comfortable, it's worth it.

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

This month we also transitioned him from his Rock n Play to his Bassinet, so he's laying flat now and is overall doing pretty well with it... he was averaging about 4 1/2 - 5 hour stretches of sleep at night, but this week he's regressed bad, and we're up every 2 - 3 hours again.  He's such a restless little sleeper; he wiggles around a lot!

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

At 11 weeks, he caught his first respiratory virus / cold, and I don't know if it was him or me that was more miserable.  We both had two really sleepless nights and lots of tears.  I felt SO BAD for him.  He was so congested and coughing... there is nothing worse than how helpless you feel for a sick baby :(

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Ellis is a big fan of making a fist with his hands, and sucking on his pointer finger knuckle.  We are trying to break the habit, but he's still not really a fan of the pacifier.

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

He's a little drool monster too... Dr. said his gums are swollen, so we could see a tooth before long?!  Also, little man is almost 13 lbs now -- just about doubled his birth weight.  If there's one thing he loves, it's to eat (guess he got that from his momma)!

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

His cradle cap is just about gone (thanks to coconut oil before bath time), and his baby acne disappeared too.  We love the Cerve Baby cream, it works wonders!

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days
Ellis is very interested in infant toys now, and has lots of baby babbles.  I love "talking" with him, it's the absolute best!

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

We're still changing lots and lots of diapers... he averages about 12 a day.  We really should buy stock in Pampers & Huggies :)

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

Also, I feel like I could cut his fingernails every day... how do those sucker's grow so fast?!

Things I love about Ellis this month:
- His "thumper" leg (he kicks his left leg when we change his diaper, it's so cute!)
- His infectious smile.
- That he found his voice and loves to coo!
- HIs random giggles after our nursing sessions... when I'm trying to burp him & he's super milk drunk.
- That he loves to be talked to.
- How happy he is when he wakes up in the morning (definitely got that from dad and NOT mom)!

Ellis James, baby update - three months | My Darling Days

A couple weeks ago we took Ellis on a Saturday date night with us -- dinner at Texas Road House & grocery shopping -- my oh my how times have changed!


Missed a recap?  Click HERE to see his one month recap, and HERE to see his two month recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment